Is it possible that your IP address changed? Did you enable the firewall on mavericks? Have you restarted? Does the IP address work in place of localhost?
Have you tried HTTPS?
Like mclasen I lost /fmi/webd/ functionality. And it was because I restarted the machine. It is on a regular Mac (not running server) and it does fine on first install. Then if I have to restart the machine it gets kabolixed up again. This is on a clean machine, running 10.9.1, clean install of the OS on a newly partitioned HD, and a clean install of FMS 13. There is definitely something weird about how the FMS installation is so fragile to restarts. Makes it pretty unusable so far as I can tell. Hmmmm...
i am having the same problem, but not just with webdirect. I cannot connect to anything that is a localhost, 127.0.0.1 or my local sserver's address
I am runninf MacOX Mavericks, latest versons of FMPA, FMS13, latest version of Safari. I have tried a recovery restart and replaced the Server files, but is does not work.
What can I so?
Basically the web server is running but FM does not recognize it. The dev.mclasen.site works, fmp.mclasen.com works but not webd. Fopr testing I had to put a copy of server on my Macbook Air. Runs fine there.
I have the same issue since using the SSL updater. FMI/webd stopped working externally. I receive this error: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
I from France !
I have something to similar with web bd
if i want to use a custom page and the link on, I must use in the browser a command for open the link in another window.
When i open an URL : http://mydomaine.com i arrive on my custom page (yeah.!..) but if i want to use the link to go to the database. nothing : no message, the page stay in statut. But if i try to open the link in another window, all is right
Every time I have seen this happen, it has been a conflict with the default apache server in OS X. If you are using server.app it can run an apache service even if the service is not enabled. It actually serves up a page telling you the to enable the service... which is served by something... and it conflicts with FM Server's instance.
To fix, you need to do a clean reinstall of FM server.
1) make sure any other apache instance is turned off
2) make a backup of your schedules and groups from the admin console (remember to allow popups in safari)
3) stop fmserver, move your database and any other custom files, then delete "/Library/FileMaker" and everything in it.
4) run the installer again, let the installer put all web services back in place.
This has worked for me every time so far. Hope this helps.