3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2014 12:31 AM by submarine

FM12 IWP - Network Error (tcp_error)

submarine

We are run into an error with IWP. The message returns by the browsers reads as:

==============================================================

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred ""

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

==============================================================

This error occurs after the user clicks a button (commits a record). It happens quite randomly to all of our IWP systems and users on different machines on the same intranet. I cannot determine the cause to a particular script or user's action.

At first, I thought that our server may not be powerful enough and kind of ignoring it knowing that the delivery of new server is underway.

However, after migrating to the new server, this issue still persists.

Old server specs: Window Server 2008 R2 SP1, 1.86Ghz, 2GB RAM, FMSA12.0.2.232

New server specs: Window Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2.20Ghz, 16GB RAM, FMSA12.0.4.405

We can simply refresh the browser to bring back the previous screen and continue, but those data that has not been committed will be lost.

We have other servers running other web systems but none of them experience this issue. It only happens to our 2 servers running FMS.

Our network team cannot help with this too as they cannot replicate the error as it is random.

This may not be a FMS issue, I suspect it is a setting on the servers that conflicts with FMS 'occassionally'.

Can anyone help us with this?

• 1. Re: FM12 IWP - Network Error (tcp_error)
          mikebeargie

I would start with a network packet sniffer like wireshark on the server. Sounds like something is clogging the pipes that you want to track down. TCP errors wouldn't point to your server not being powerful enough, it would point to your connection not having enough throughput.

The only other thing I could think of is that the session is somehow expiring prematurely.

• 2. Re: FM12 IWP - Network Error (tcp_error)
            submarine

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advice.

I checked the admin console when I encountered this issue. The connection was still on and I could refresh the browser to bring back the previous screen and continued to work in the system.

I believe the session is still on. The frustration is all my uncommitted data before the error would be gone.

Will forward your suggestion to my network team though.

Many thanks.

• 3. Re: FM12 IWP - Network Error (tcp_error)
              submarine

Just an update.

We have the solution, but I am not exactly sure how to solve it.

According to our network staff, it is the reverse proxy issue.

Just to give a clue to those who face the same issue.