4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2014 3:26 PM by LabsRock

MySQL ODBC errors in FMS 13

LabsRock

We recently upgraded to FileMaker Server 13 and I'm now getting an ODBC error when creating new records in a connected MySQL database - "Server does not support 4-byte encoded UTF8 characters" (see attached).

We're running on a Windows 2008 Hyper V VM which had previously been running FMS 11 without a problem.

I've tried updating the driver (now using MySQL ODBC 5.2 both ANSI and Unicode - listed in that order) and changing the Text and VarChar fields in the MySQL database to a different character set to no avail. I receive an error when installing the new MySQL Drivers (also attached) suggesting the insallation can't be completed, but if I click Ignore, the installation seems to complete and the drivers appear in the ODBC Data Source Administrator as expected. I can't rule out that there is a problem with the installation, but since I was getting the same error prior to the update I figure I'm none the worse for it.

Perhaps there is an appropriate character set to choose for the MySQL fields, but I'm not sure what it is.

MySQLODBC_Error.jpgMySQLODBC_InstallError.jpg

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Craig