AnsweredAssumed Answered

Upside-down portals?

Question asked by flybynight on Jan 24, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2014 by woytovich

We had plans for a printed "Job Ticket" layout that would print on an 11x17" sheet of paper, then fold in half. It would serve as a folder for other physical related records (scraps of paper), and go inside a clear vinyl protective envelope. Once folded, it would read the landscape way with the 11" folded edge along the bottom. We would want the "back side" of the ticket to print upside-down on that half of the sheet, so that each side appear right-side-up on the folded piece.

The only problem is that we have several portals on the layout, on both halves. It seems that when we try to rotate everything for the bottom half (group it all first, then Rotate twice), the portals don't rotate. Even worse, the objects contained in the portals do rotate… and lose their position. They end up still contained in the portal, but shifted and hidden. It was a pain to fix when rotated back, until I realized I could select the objects and the portal and then align to top.

Guess I've never tried, but is it really not possible to rotate a portal? Anyone else have a work-around for a situation like this? I'm not that great with HTML, so please don't tell me to do it all in a web viewer!

Thanks,

-Shawn

Outcomes