8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 5:26 AM by odubov

Custom menus in FileMaker Go

odubov

Hello,

Is it possible to change default menu items when executed Insert From Device script step ?

For example, when you choose "Signature", you can see buttons Cancel, Clear, Accept, could I change it ?

• 1. Re: Custom menus in FileMaker Go
          mikebeargie

There's no customization of the native iOS tools for device capture, if that's what you are looking for.

Insert From Device is much better than the FMGo12 counterparts that were available.

I'm not even sure that type of functionality is available in iOS app development, but I'm pretty sure there's no way to do it from inside of FMGo.

• 2. Re: Custom menus in FileMaker Go
            odubov

Thank you for your reply.

I also was sure, that this part is a native iOS tool.

But strange, that it has different language from my iOS primary language.

For example, my iPad has russian as primary and all modules, that controls Camera is also in russian when Im using native Camera application.

But when Im using it via FileMaker Go, this modules displaying english version.

I suspect, that the same situation with all other languges, that absents in FileMaker Go.

And very sad, that it is no possibility to change it yet.

• 3. Re: Custom menus in FileMaker Go
              mikebeargie

Hmm, I've never really dealt with cross-language solutions on FMGo, so I'm not sure there's a way to choose the native file language.

Maybe playing around in the File > File Options > Text tab might allow you to change languages? Or possibly editing the dictionary:

http://www.filemaker.com/help/html/add_view_data.4.43.html

Please post your results if you figure it out!

• 4. Re: Custom menus in FileMaker Go
                odubov

Unfortunately it dosnt work.

When Im switching iOS menu to French, all internal menus in FileMaker Go becames French, including Camera/Signature etc.

Because FileMaker Go has native French localization.

Looks like we should ask FileMaker Inc. to fix this issue.

• 5. Re: Custom menus in FileMaker Go
                  mikebeargie

I wouldn't consider it an issue if the program is using the system settings for language in the program menus and dialog boxes. This is stuff you can't really change in the settings of FileMaker to begin with, so I wouldn't consider it a bug. You should submit it as a feature request for future versions of FMGo.

• 6. Re: Custom menus in FileMaker Go
                    odubov

Its just the opposite. FileMaker Go is ignoring system language settings of iOS device and substitute existing in iOS modules to default english language.

• 7. Re: Custom menus in FileMaker Go
                      mikebeargie

Sorry, your last post sounded otherwise. There may be localized versions of Filemaker Go, and it might not support switching based on system language (IE, you would need to get a French copy of FMGo from the french app store).

Based on this documentation:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9333

•   FileMaker Go (13) is available in Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish and Swedish.

•   FileMaker Go (11.x, 1.x) is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese. For other languages, menu lists and commands appear in English, but FileMaker Pro databases display in the language in which they were created.

• 8. Re: Custom menus in FileMaker Go
                        odubov

Sorry, my last post was about only those languages (in my case Russian), that dont have FMGo localization.

And yes, Im able to change language to russian in all parts of my database, exept native iOS modules.