1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 27, 2014 5:41 AM by mikebeargie

Compare records accross tables

revmk

Hello all,

I've run into developers block and need some suggestions.

Simply put I am trying to compare records in table A with records in table B. This search needs to be a little fuzzy in logic (so I can't use a relationship).

As table B has an unusual format (which I can not change) I have placed the useful fields from it into a list. So I now have a list of 'keywords' in each row I wish to test each record in table A for the presence of.

The only problem is I can't now think how I can do this. The find *"" does not seem to support either lists or variables.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Compare records accross tables
          mikebeargie

If you're searching within a list, you would need *""*, the second asterisk would be required.

IE if you were searching for "apple" in a field that was a list: orange, apple, pear, searched for *"apple" would not return anything, but *"apple"* would return it.

You could also script something with "perform quickfind", and if you're looking for inspiration, check out http://www.seedcode.com/fm-search-results/, which can search across many tables/fields, returning results in a virtual list.

Good luck!