IT_User

FM End User Manual

Discussion created by IT_User on Jan 29, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 by MartinCrosman

When developing a database in FileMaker for a customer/end user, you can either hide everything about FileMaker, so that the users do not need to know how to use FileMaker or teach the users how to do things FileMaker.

If a person decides to teach end users how to do things in FileMaker, then it might end up more specific to the database they have developed.

A question or discussion I want to start is, if I want an end user to learn Filemaker there is an End User Manual for them?

This would involve leaving out any developer sections, which would have to be decided what are the parts that are least dealing with development and what is the most. A couple of main things that are less development is how to perform finds, create/delete a record, and sorting. A part that would be most development is in the Manage Database. Editing layouts and scripts could be in between.

Or if you have any other ideas or comments about this, please let me know.

I'm not sure how many other developers run into this, but I do regularly, and I don't have a problem teaching anybody anything, but it would be nice for them to have something to reference.

Outcomes