3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 4:25 AM by robrickard

email to FM record

robrickard

I have a client that would like to have email features added to their FM database.

Key feature would be that the staff (users of Filemaker) can use any email client to pick the messages they want to add to filemaker and then 'forward/send' to Filemaker with only the name of the Contact in the subject field. Filemaker would then search for that name and create a new email record for them proper.

A second feature (not required if the above feature is working) would be to have a 'send from in FM' which i know already is part of Filemaker, but it would be best to have the sent message right in their mail box as a normal sent message (imap).

Is there any plugins out there that can help with this? Or any solution? I have been looking up some of them and im not finding what im looking for - we do not want to import all messages into Filemaker via imap or smtp. Only selected emails the staff member see worthy of archiving.

Thanks for any help and guidance.

• 1. Re: email to FM record
          robrickard

Also - the solution is IWP hosted off site. Web only.

Users normally are on the same computer but may not always and check their web mail via hosted web client (nothing local). They also want to be able to 'forward' from mobile devices.

My plan is to also have an 'inbox' for the user to check what they have sent to FM to make sure it is related to the proper client.

• 2. Re: email to FM record
            Malcolm

Key feature would be that the staff (users of Filemaker) can use any email client to pick the messages they want to add to filemaker and then 'forward/send' to Filemaker with only the name of the Contact in the subject field.

we do not want to import all messages into Filemaker via imap or smtp. Only selected emails the staff member see worthy of archiving.

All you need to do is to create an email account for the database, eg, email_archive@client.com. Staff can forward the selected email to that email account. It can be collected by FileMaker, You’ll need to use one of the email plug-ins to get FMPro to collect mail.

malcolm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: email to FM record
              robrickard

I needed to read more on features of the plugins and didnt think it though - of course there would have to be a separate FM email account. I think with some scripting these two products below may have what i need.

I also like the idea of sending a FM record as a PDF.

email plugins - both have demo trials

http://www.dacons.net/fmplugins/mailit5/ $249

http://www.360works.com/email-plugin/ $395