2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 7:55 AM by taylorsether

Error 803 after Import? HELP!

taylorsether

I have a simple slave and master setup in which the slave (local iPad) imports data to a master file (hosted). If I install a fresh copy of FMGO 13 onto an iPad, load the slave on it, and kick off the upload script, I will get an error 803 when trying to import and no data is imported. If I close the slave and FM GO and then reopen, it will work just fine and import my data. Then it seems to be fine from there on out.

Its like the import step does not know where the file is locally? When I open the hosted Master file I am storing the docpath into a global variable like this...

"file:" & Get ( DocumentsPath ) & "filename.fmp12"

Then I use that global variable for the source.

I have tried adding pauses and commits before and after the imports and also tried numerous iPads.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Error 803 after Import? HELP!
          jimfeuerstein

Taylor, I have a FileMaker Go application that exchanges data between the iPad and the server with imports in each direction. I typically deliver updates via email.

I always tell the users that -- after opening the file from within mail -- they must close the file and re-open it from within FileMaker Go itself. If they fail to do that, they'll get the error you describe.

And yes, it does seem that the file's location is 'unknown' until it is opened directly. I'm not aware of a solution other than closing and re-opening the file.

• 2. Re: Error 803 after Import? HELP!
            taylorsether

Jim,

Thank you for confirming that I am not the only seeing this. I feel much better. I will have to communicate this to my users. Thanks again!

-Taylor