2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 1:10 PM by mhselway@gmail.com

How do the panels work in the invoice starter solution

mhselway@gmail.com

Im trying to work out how the new customer panel works on the select button on the Invoice details page. I understand how the first tab (with 'select a customer') but not the next panel showing the second button '+ New Customer' which displays the customer fields. Where do you set up the object?

Thanks for anyone who can explain

• 1. Re: How do the panels work in the invoice starter solution
          steveromig

mhselway@gmail.com wrote:

Im trying to work out how the new customer panel works on the select button on the Invoice details page. I understand how the first tab (with 'select a customer') but not the next panel showing the second button '+ New Customer' which displays the customer fields. Where do you set up the object?

Are you referring to the "Popover" layout object that has a slide panel inside of it?  Both of these features (Popovers and Slide Panels) are new to FileMaker Pro 13.

A Popover object can be created using the Button tool in Layout mode.  Click and hold the Button tool and choose "Popover Button."  Once you have created a Popover, you can add other layout objects to it - including a Slide Panel (which can be added by clicking and holding on the "Tab Control / Slide Control" tool.

The Slide Control I think you are referring to does not have the Navigation Dots displayed so it makes it initially tough to work with in Layout mode.  But if you highlight it in Layout mode and choose FORMAT > SLIDE CONTROL SETUP you will be able to switch between the two panels in the Slide Panel.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: How do the panels work in the invoice starter solution
            mhselway@gmail.com

Thannks Steve

I wasnt sure if it was something to do with that or not.

Thats really helpful!

Mark