tbcomputerguy

Current customer balance on invoice

Discussion created by tbcomputerguy on Feb 4, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 by KylePutzier

Hi guys/gals. I have an invoicing database. everything seems to run smoothly until now. the client (my wife) would like when she accepts payments from customers, that there be a visible Current Balance to show on the current invoice giving the customer a chance to pay both the invoice and current balance. I currently have calculated field that uses the getsummary function to add all balances due in the accountbalances table. the calculation seems to work but now show up on the invoice. It did once after I entered something in the payment field. I am going to script some buttons that will allow her to select full payment, pay account off etc. I don't think I will have a problem with that. Just getting the current balance to show on the invoice.

I understand that using a getsummary field in browse mode would slow the database down after many records, but are anyother possible solutions. I thought about a portal on the invoice screen showing all invoices for that particular customer. then the end user could see at a glance which invoices are outstanding and a balance.

dave

Outcomes