5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 5:56 AM by Mike_Mitchell

Managing connections in FMS13

eatsoup

Dear community,

I can't seem to find anything in the Server Admin Console to manage the Go/Webdirect connections.

Is there any possible way to manage/monitor the connections per database? I can't even seem to find the connections currently in use.

Isn't it odd that your new pricing model relies so heavily on these connections, but there is no way to manage it?

Thanks in advance,

Luuk Kemp

• 1. Re: Managing connections in FMS13
          Mike_Mitchell

Is this what you're looking for (on the main Status page)?

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 5.52.44 AM.png

• 2. Re: Managing connections in FMS13
            eatsoup

This doesn't show me filemaker go connections?

As you can see I have 2 connections from ipad, but no entries in main status.

activity.png

status.png

• 3. Re: Managing connections in FMS13
              Mike_Mitchell

It shows you 2 clients connected via Go, and the number of WebDirect connections. I'm missing the problem.

• 4. Re: Managing connections in FMS13
                eatsoup

Mike_Mitchell wrote:

It shows you 2 clients connected via Go, and the number of WebDirect connections. I'm missing the problem.

I can't seem to find anything in the Server Admin Console to manage the Go/Webdirect connections. (not only view, but also limit)

Is there any possible way to manage/monitor the connections per database?

I can't even seem to find the connections currently in use. <-- Sure this works when i have 2 connections from ipad, but when I have 34 ipads connecting, some with multiple db's. This is not the most convenient way to go is it?

I quoted myself and highlighted some things

• 5. Re: Managing connections in FMS13
                  Mike_Mitchell

Connections are limited at a per-server basis, not per database. That's just the way the product works. If you want to disconnect a particular client, you can do that.

I'm not where I can look at the console at the moment, so I might be wrong on this, but you should be able to click on a particular database and see the connected clients. But there's never been a way to disconnect a particular client from a particular database. You only could either (a) disconnect a client from the server (and hence all databases simultaneously), or (b) shut down a database (hence disconnecting all clients from it). If you want that level of functionality, it would be a new level of granularity in the product, so you should submit a feature request.