2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 9:55 PM by taylorsharpe

Integrating Webdirect content with a regular website

developertech

Hello everyone,

This question strays into general web development but I reckon someone on this forum will be able to authoritatively answer my question (and I reckon the issue I am raising will be of interest to those using Webdirect).

I am basically wanting to know the possibilities and limits of integrating Webdirect pages into a regular website. Obviously you can create links on a regular web page which will take the user to either the Webdirect home page (http://XXXX/fmi/webd) and I know from page 26 of the Webdirect guide that you can create links on regular pages which take the user to a location within a Webdirect enabled database that includes a particular layout, mode, view and record.

What I want to know is whether it's possible for a web developer to use some kind of technology which hides the actual URLs of a site and presents to them cleaner alternatives. Could a website for example have a web page which links in reality to sitename/fmi/webd but present the URL to the user as being sitename/differentlocation?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Philip