2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 6:26 AM by devonell

FileMaker Server 13 Install Fails to stop Port 80 on Windows Server 2008

JEDtech

I ran into a problem when trying to install FMS 13.0v1 on a Windows Server 2008 machine. Hope this helps someone else. During the installation the dialog box:

To install FileMaker Server, ports 80 and 443 must be available. The following ports are in use: 80. To disable the websites on these ports, click Disable Websites

would come up. When the button to disable was pressed it would appear to work but when you click the Install button to continue it would repeat. After several hours of testing I discovered that the "Web Deployment Service Agent" was preventing the release of port 80. Stopping (and disabling) this service allowed the FMS 13 installation to continue. I did not re-enable the service after FMS 13 was successfully installed because it is not need on this server so I don't know if it would conflict after installation if it was re-enabled.

• 1. Re: FileMaker Server 13 Install Fails to stop Port 80 on Windows Server 2008
          glennsingleton

I have the same problem with Windows Server 2012 Standard, whatever I turn off, I keep getting that same error for port 80. I have tried the suggestion of doing a netstat and looking at the ID in Task Manager but all that gives me is System. Tried removing the IIS role completely and that got me nowhere as well.

Cant find "Web Deployment Service Agent" in the services list, maybe it has a new name.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Singo

Downunder

• 2. Re: FileMaker Server 13 Install Fails to stop Port 80 on Windows Server 2008
            devonell

Problem resolved after doing the following

First, uninstall these components from the Control Panel:

a. FileMaker Server 13
            b. Bonjour
            c. All installed versions of Java
            d. Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (if you see earlier versions of this, don't worry about those)
            e. The four parts of the Application Request Routing application (if you don't see all four parts, remove what's there):
            --Microsoft Application Request Routing 2.5 or 3.0 (either one)
            --IIS URL Rewrite Module 2
            --Microsoft External Cache Version 1 for IIS 7
            --Microsoft Web Farm Framework
            Stop all services that port 80 and 443 that are using or listening (this was a problem)  Use Netstat -a in command prompt to find out what services are using port 80
            Then reinstall from a full installer.