I never get tired of walking through another's solution (at least once). Absolutely - you get my vote!
Post away! For security you may want to strip the admin account and have another way to import/export the data into your "master" solution that still has the admin account.
LaRetta, Mr Schwarz,
thank you for your comments!
- The runtime is for PC.
- Can you break the Serial-Key Mechanism which shall prevent users from entering more than 50 records without paying?
- If you click on Produktaktivierung öffnen (= open product activation mgr) in Settings (right hand side), feel free to request your free Key from me.
- The security is by obscurity at the moment...
Here is the link:
- Did this thing install well on your PC? Do you have Win8 or 7?
- How outdated is the design?
- Do you spot a real bug?
- Can you break / hack the product?
THANKS to anyone testing this. Be brutal....er..and constructive.
The installer worked great, but it installed into the "My Documents" folder. I guess that is fine if that is where you want it. (Win 7).
I selected "English" but everything is still in German and my German is too rusty so I'll wait for the full translation before commenting on the rest!
I'm working on security now and I'll send a private message if I get through...
Sorry, my windows system needs upgrading. All I have right now are Macs.
Dear Mr Schwarz,
about the installer:
I used Nsis first, together with HIM edit, which enables you to graphically configure NSIS installer. However, even though NSIS is completely free, secure and professional, it was too much time spent for me, I could not get it to work in 4 or 5 days of work, and switched to actual installer: (http://www.actualinstaller.com/) They charge about 100 EUR. Their product can be configured graphically and I got results in about 20 hours of testing and tying ... The updater is a free tool included with their software.
I ll now open another post about installing to the MyDocuments folder, as this has cost me quite some nerves ....
I have updated the (still PC version): It s all in English now - with a few exceptions.
Thanks for criticizing security, usability etc.