5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 4:45 AM by jgalt

Weird Inspector Position Behavior in 12 & 13

Philip_Jaffe

I am experiencing an odd behaior in the Inspector's position tab: When entering measurements for an object position, typing the TAB key should move directly from one field to the next. This is the expected and desired behavior I have been used to in FMP 11 and earlier. However, in both 12 and 13 for me, typing the TAB key moves from the first field to the measurement selector (in/cm/pt) and TAB must be typed again to get to the next field. This is obviously quite annoying as I am constantly getting a warning beep when entering numbers for the second field (muscle memory at this point hitting tab and entering the second number) only to realize that my cursor is not yet in the second field because I have only tabbed once! I thought for a while that this was just a change with fmp 12 & 13 and I have tried to get used to it since I can't seem to find a way to change it. But contacting several other developers, it seems that this is a bug because they don't seem to have this issue.

Any ideas as to what's going on and how to fix it? I can reinstall filemaker if necessary, but if there is a less drastic fix, I'd love to hear it!

A screen shot is attached to this post.

Thanks!

Judd45