2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2015 5:20 PM by biodiversity

SXBlue GPS

mdenyse

Has anyone done any work integrating a SXBlue GPS with FileMaker Pro/Go? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark

• 1. Re: SXBlue GPS
          sicosys

Hello Mark!!

I'm not sure if this will help you, but i could integrate standard GPS Receivers to work with my FMPro application (not FMGo), i'm using that integration for a transportation company with 75 units

Felipe

• 2. Re: SXBlue GPS
            biodiversity

Hi Mark,

I just received a SXBlue III receiver and I set up a quick FM database with Locationvalue field to check integration with GPS connected via bluetooth to an iPhone on 8 running FMGo.

My first reaction is that the data inserted in the field is not as accurate as the data the SXBlue is generating.  Lat/Long is only to 6 decimal places and the horizontal/vertical error readouts are limited to 5 and 10 meters respectively. The SXBlue app on the iPhone shows internal and external GPS data at much tighter errors and 8 decimal places for Lat/Long.  Maybe the SXBlue people have some work arounds to mirror SXBlue accuracy in Locationvalues.  If so, The power of FM with a sub-foot GPS would make the workflow in the field much more robust.

Since 44 people have viewed your post, there is some interest in your query.