1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 5:53 AM by mikebeargie

How can I get the FileMaker App Maker to work on my windows 2008 server?

websalesabc

I have a 2 machine instellation with Rackspace. They are windows 2008 R2 servers. I've uploaded the latest FileMaker App Maker to FileMaker server 13. Although I have used the App Maker all the time on my local machine and never had any problems. When I try to run the App Maker on FileMaker server 13, I get the following error message: "name.mobileconfig" could not be created on the disk. Use a diffirent name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a diffirent disk. Tech support from Rackspace cannot help me.

Can anybody tell me whether this is a a windows server issue or a FileMaker server issue? And how can I fix the problem?

• 1. Re: How can I get the FileMaker App Maker to work on my windows 2008 server?
          mikebeargie

Why are you hosting that on FMS? It's designed to be used as a standalone utility file for local FMP users.

FMS can only save to specific file paths (IE the documents folder at C:/Program Files/Filemaker/Server/Data/Documents/) so I'd imagine the app maker is trying to save to the desktop or somewhere else that's blocked out as the error message suggests. I forget if the app maker is unlocked, but if it is, you can switch to get(documentspath) for a valid path that would be compatible for server script execution.