JoelStoner

tab panel color inconsistency in Pro and WebDirect

Discussion created by JoelStoner on Feb 19, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2014 by riber-sparre

Wondering if anyone else is struggling with getting tab panel colors to appear consistently (i.e., the same) in Pro and WD?

The problem I'm having is that a tab panel that looks and works perfectly in Pro has 'invisible tabs' in WD. By this I mean that the text of the tab is visible, the contents of the current tab of the panel are visible, but the tabs themselves have no color. See attachment. Seems there's some relationship between the difference of the Active and Inactive tab colors (if I make them extremely different colors it works, but if they are shades of gray apart, they go invisible).

If I do the above trick on a tab panel on 1 layout, then save the style and theme, if I go to another layout with a tab panel using the same style, it's tabs are still invisible in WD. If I re-apply the style to all the tabs, it may or may not work. If I 'kick' the colors up a few notches it might work (and be ugly), but might not. Haven't yet found something that always breaks it or makes it work (other than choosing wild colors). Mostly I'm not solving the problem.

This is happening with newly created tab panels….

Have also learned that even if you specify a color for an "Inactive" tab to be the same as the color of the Body is on (to intentionally make the inactive tab seem transparent), it doesn't actually use that color - it's offset to some degree.

Also discovered accidentally that different tabs in 1 panel can have different styles applied to them. At first I thought this was causing the problem by confusing WD, but once I made sure each tab had the same style, same problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Outcomes