2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 5:21 PM by CarlSchwarz

Import script step intermittent failure

DataWizard

I have a solution with about a dozen files. The client recently upgraded to a new windows server and FMS12. They are on Windows 7 and FMP12.

The issue is appearing sporadically when triggering an import script step. The dozen or so scripts using import between the files have worked flawlessly for about 15 years, including FMP11.

For instance, in the Groups file, they click a button to set up individual date records for meeting reports in another file. It then finds just the current record for the found set in GROUPS. It triggers an import script in a separate file called TEMPFILE, which imports the records using split repeating fields.

What sometimes happens is, the TEMPFILE fails to see that GROUPS is already open. It asks for the user credentials again, but then doesn't resolve to their GROUPS with the 1 record found. It starts importing all the records from the GROUPS file.

There are several other files where import fails in the same manner, so it's not related to a particular file, it's related to import script step.

I have looked at external file references, re-pointed to the correct file (ie. file:GROUPS, do not use fmnet with ip address) in all the import script steps, have set all affected scripts to run with full access privileges, have rechecked the security accounts.

I really don't want to program a work around for all the import functions. Any ideas about what might be causing this failure?

Thank you,

Sheila Kliewer

Data Wizard

• 1. Re: Import script step intermittent failure
          DataWizard

Additional issues:

(1) Sending email with attachemnt occasionally fails"I have a slight problem with Filemaker and the emailing button for both the ‘Email CC Conf’ and the ‘Email FR Conf’. Sometimes it works, no problem and then it glitches and it won’t send, I’ll get a message that Filemaker is not responding and have to sign back in and print out confirmation letters."

(2) Trinity had trouble printing a contract from FM around 2 pm today... it said the printer was not connected to the port and to check the Control Panel settings. She is able to print from other programs.

I have requested my client make sure FMP12 is updated to 12.0v4.

• 2. Re: Import script step intermittent failure
            CarlSchwarz

For #1 it sounds like they might be using Outlook 64 bit for mail???

Filemaker and outlook 64bit lock up, they don't work together with the send mail script step.  An update to filemaker should be coming.  6 seconds after the send mail script is called they will lock up.