tomtheriault

ID Fields

Discussion created by tomtheriault on Feb 23, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2014 by tomtheriault

Hi,

Where can I make a suggestions to Filemaker.

MY CUSTOMERS HATE ID FIELDS.  THEY HATE THEM WITH A PASSION :-)

MATTER OF FACT, BEFORE WE EVEN START TO TALK ABOUT THE SOLUTION THEY TELL ME TO NEVER PUT AN ID FIELD ON THEIR LAYOUTS .... EVER!!!  AND HEY THEY'RE THE CUSTOMER RIGHT ... SO YES SIR ... :-)

AND I STRUGGLE ON EVERY SOLUTION TO HIDE THESE FIELDS.  And I've been able to manage unitl now.  Now I have a customer who is requiring to edit the facilitator in his portal.  And he also requires "Alternating Row Coloring" so ... here I am stuck with this insane ID FIELD once again.

I CAN NOT EVEN USE THE CONDITIONAL FORMATTING FEATURE ... THE BOX WITH THE RED DIAGONAL SHOULD BE THE NO TEXT COLOR SELECTION BUT NOPE!!!! IT DEFAULTS TO WHITE ..... WHITE .... YIKES!!!!!!! I NEED CLEAR, WHERE'S THAT !!!!

WHERE IS THE CLEAR COLOR PALLETT .... Can not seem to see that selection ... Hahahaha :-)

Filemaker went to all this trouble creating "HIDE" fields when all that is needed is the ability to turn OFF text coloring and yet I still need to select them !!! Yet I can't do that either when "HIDDEN"....YIKES!!! AGAIN.  Is there a way to "HIDE" this field yet keep it selectable for my client ... diabolicale :-)

Don't know ???

I need my ID FIELDS selectable by the client yet invisible to them.  I can select a value list to show only the second fields but after the customer selects the value, Filemaker used the ID FIELD ... Not the HUMAN NAME THAT WE ALL REALLY WANT TO SEE WITH THE ID FIELD HIDDEN IN THE BACKGROUND ...

Hmmm ...

Any suggestions ??

Thank you.

Tom

Outcomes