2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 1:49 PM by mikeryan

Webdirect Popover Bug

mikeryan

I believe I've stumbled upon a bug that I haven't seen discussed yet.

On Client #1 (WebDirect):

Starting from a list layout click run a script to GTRR, Show only related records, Current record only.

Land on a layout showing a list of several related records. Show some fields for one of the records on a Popover. (I have a button in the list that loads detail fields.)

Now, on Client #2 (any type):

Make any change, by any means, on any layout to the record showing in the Popover on WebDirect Client #1.

Back to Client #1:

The record in the popover will update, showing data from the wrong record. It will be dat from the last record of the GTRR Found Set.

This issue seems to occur only when GTRR is used to get to the list and only if Cleint #1 is a WebDirect client.

Is this a known issue that I just haven't found a report on? Am I doing something wrong? GTRR is so handy, but should I just avoid it?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• 1. Re: Webdirect Popover Bug
          BowdenData

Hi,

I don't have any direct feedback, but while you wait to see if others do, I suggest that you go to the forums at

http://forums.filemaker.com/groups/80a7e0f9d5/summary?lang=en_US

On the right side of this page, you will see links for Feedback and Report an Issue. You want Report an Issue. From there, you can search to see if someone has posted something similar, and/or post a report yourself. You need an account to do a post, so create one as needed.

Doug

• 2. Re: Webdirect Popover Bug
            mikeryan

Thank you Doug for the suggestion to report the issue. Done, here: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/14456804df

Diving deeper for a workaround, I discovered that it apparently has nothing to do with GTRR. I haven't found anything obscure or unusual to explain why I'm tripping over this.

My issue report says:

On Client #1 (WebDirect):

Starting from a list layout run a script to GTRR, Show only related records, Current record only.

Land on a layout showing a list of several related records. Show some fields for one of the records on a Popover. (I have a button in the list that loads detail fields.)

Now, on Client #2 (any type):

Make any change, by any means, on any layout to the record showing in the Popover on WebDirect Client #1.

Back to Client #1:

The record in the popover will update, showing data from the wrong record. It will be data from the last record of the found set.

Issue occurs only if Client #1 is a WebDirect client.

Initially, I thought this issue occurred only when Client #1 uses GTRR to get to the list. After attempting to workaround by scripting a Find and Go to Layout, discovered that the issue is not specific to the GTRR - it occurs in both cases.

-Mike