AnsweredAssumed Answered

Popover Help

Question asked by rmittelman on Feb 25, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 by rmittelman

I need a bit of help to wrap my head around how to implement a popover. Here's the specifics:

I used the Contacts starter solution, which has a cool popover when you view a customer detail record. There's an "Email" popover button, and it displays a simple popover with its own 2 buttons, one for "Email Work" and one for "Email Home". As expected, clicking either does the proper action to start an email.

My solution doesn't use those 2 fields (Work Email and Home Email). Instead I use a "Communications" table to contain all the emails and phone numbers for the contact records. Realistically, there should be 1 - 3 emails for a contact.

What I would like to know is how I would dynamically build the popover content so it would know what email addresses exist for the contact and display them. Ideally a check box set, so the finished result would be like:

[ ] Work: Me@MyJob.com

[ ] Home: Me@MyHouse.com

------------------

| Send Email |

------------------

The "Send Email" button would run the script so it would send an email to one or both addresses, depending on checked state.

Is it possible to dynamically load a popover to work like this? Any examples available?

Thanks...

Outcomes