1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 3:53 AM by Mike_Mitchell

App Maker and Filename with + sign not opening

fmdataweb

I have a database that has a plus sign in the file name. I've used the FileMaker Inc App Maker 1.04 to create a mobile profile and have installed that on my iPhone.

The database name is: A+Z.fmp12

When I tap the home screen icon that was saved with the correct icon and name (A+Z) it launches FileMaker Go but then fails to open the database, even though I can see it in the list of devices. It fails with this error: "The file "A Z.fmp12" could not be opened (Not Found)"

It looks like some issue with the URL encoding/decoding as it's looking for database named "A Z.fmp12" when it should be looking for a database named "A+Z.fmp12".

I checked the URL that was generated by the App Maker database and in the A+Z.mobileconfig file I can see using a text editor this string:

<string>javascript:window.location='FMP://%7E/A%2BZ'</string>

That URL looks correct to me as it has correctly encoded the + sign as %2B.

I need to keep the + sign as part of the filename but so far haven't been able to get this to work - has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions about how to get the home screen icon working with a + sign in the file name?

thanks,

Steve

• 1. Re: App Maker and Filename with + sign not opening
          Mike_Mitchell

The "+" sign tells FileMaker, "Insert a space in the filename here." It's part of FileMaker's URL encoding scheme; has been for a while. You can see it if you tell the desktop client to send an email link; it'll show up wherever there's a space in the filename. I don't know that there's any way to tell it to do otherwise.

Someone else may know of a way to encode it so FileMaker interprets it as part of the filename instead, but I don't. Sorry.