2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 5:52 PM by Mike_Mitchell

A Bug report rather than a discussion! Possible OS 10.9.x GTRR issue.

old_cedar

Since I am a little late to the review of FMPro 12 and 13 I am hopeful this has been covered by some one before now. Recently I upgraded to OS 10.9.x and the new upgrade. [iMac 2.7 Corei5 @ 8 GB]. Ever since, and prehaps before, I am experiencing multiple mid Layout modification app failures. [in mid modification the process slows and then stops. Then the App fails.] This has occured in both served files and local files on 2 different machines.

Long ago I became enamored with the power of portals [FMPro 3.0] and their abundant uses. One of my favorite applications is the use of GTRR in another table to isolate a found set or single record. The later clearly an option in the GTRR window. That simple later step [GTRR, single record] no longer seems to function under OS10.9.x. In both cases of the GTRR it goes properly to the appropriate table and shows the selected record, but in both cases it also finds all the records in the portal. While I could certainly use a regular find process I would like to continue to use the portal remedy as it allows one to find what is there, rather than what might be there. Finds always assume that the user can set it up correctly. [Phat chance of that everytime.] Simply put it is "User Proof." [A corollary to "idiot proof!"] I am busy now finding work arounds but, would appreciate an Apple or FMI fix.

• 1. Re: A Bug report rather than a discussion! Possible OS 10.9.x GTRR issue.
          BruceRobertson

This is not a bug and is not a change in behavior.

Further: it is easy to attach the primary key of the child record as a script parameter to the script associated with the GTRR operation.

No workarounds or updates are required. Just accurate and specific scripting for the particular intent of your script.

( see attatched example )

• 2. Re: A Bug report rather than a discussion! Possible OS 10.9.x GTRR issue.
            Mike_Mitchell

I'm confused by this:

"One of my favorite applications is the use of GTRR in another table to isolate a found set or single record. The later clearly an option in the GTRR window.  That simple later step [GTRR, single record] no longer seems to function under OS10.9.x."

If you're referring to this option:

Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 8.47.39 PM.png

"Match current record only" versus "Match all records in current found set" refers to the parent table, not the related table. In other words, GTRR does not - and never has - allowed you to choose one particular related record out of the related set. It only allows you to choose whether you grab the related records from the current parent record, or from all parent records in the current found set.

I also do not understand this:

"I would like to continue to use the portal remedy as it allows one to find what is there, rather than what might bethere."

By definition, if you GTRR from a portal, then the records are there. I don't understand how GTRR would show you anything else.

If you mean something different, please clarify.

Mike