sqlguy

ODBC Error

Discussion created by sqlguy on Mar 4, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2014 by beverly

I am trying to pull my schedule via my SQL View (ERP System) and generate a few pop-ups based on the data pulled. I want some static fields within the report in Filemaker and some fields (pop-ups) as well. These pop-ups once pulled need to be modifyable, however, once changed they should not be pushed back to the ERP system that the data was originally pulled from. The pop-ups will be a work order and customer field.

Want:

1) The customer should be tied to the work order I select.

Issue:

1) When selecting the pop-up for the work order or customer I receive an error that states:

ODBC Error: [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The column reference "inserted.name" is not allowed because it refers to a base table that is not being modified in this statement.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] the column reference "inserted.CustomerID" is not allowed because it refers to a base table that is not being modified in this statement.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Statement(s) could not be prepared.

I have a feeling either there is an issue with the Value List or the security? If you have an idea let me know.

Thanks,

Outcomes