5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 9:51 AM by justinc

CWP/PHP breaks when SSL web site redirect enabled (HTTP -> HTTPS)

justinc

Having a new problem with setting up FMServer 12. Whenever I turn on the SSL-redirect on the web server (using Server.app - i.e. all HTTP traffic goes to HTTPS) the CWP/PHP test breaks. Turn it off, it works fine. Turn it on, it breaks.

The PHP connection to the FMServer_Sample database failed.

An unexpected erorr occurred. Consult the FileMaker documentation for additional assistance. (XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1)

This is via the PHP/CWP Test page arrived at from the FMS Admin Console 'Technology Test' page: localhost:16000/test , or the test page can be opened using the button on the Admin Console.

IWP test works fine under either condition; IWP Home page also loads correctly after logging out.

Any ideas what is going on with the SSL to cause it to break? Seems like it might be a configuration issue with the web server, but we have a 2nd server configured nearly identically (as closely as two OSes can be configured after going through the various install processes) and it works fine with this setup (HTTP redirected to HTTPS).

I have seen recommendations to uncomment a configuration line in the php-api file, but that hasn't worked. Here's the recommendation from the 12.01 advanced release notes web page:

Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
      /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing- engine/php/Lion/lib/php/FileMaker/conf

Uncomment this line of code:
      $__FM_CONFIG['curlOptions'] = array(CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false);

This machine is running 10.8.5. FMS 12.04 is the installed version. There have been various gyrations of installing/uninstalling FMS to try to get this working, without luck. Going to go research returning the apache web server to default state, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin