4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2016 6:48 AM by gdurniak

Is there a way to set the solution Default Theme?

sicoa

Ok so I am setting up a new FM solution and I want all new layouts to be of theme Tranquil. However every time I create a new layout it deaults to the Enlightened theme. Is there any way to set the solution Default theme?

• 1. Re: Is there a way to set the solution Default Theme?
          mark_scott

Hi Dimitris,

Hmmm, this doesn't sound correct.  My experience confirms what the FileMaker documentation says* about this, namely that, while the first layout created in a new file defaults to Enlightened, subsequent new layouts adopt the theme of the current layout when you click "New Layout / Report."  In order to entirely avoid Enlightened even on that first layout, you could create a tempate file containing a single layout already set on Tranquil and use that as a starter for new files.  If you do that, it's probably not a bad idea to remove any unused layouts, including Enlightened, from your template, via "Manage Themes…".

*OK, I just checked what FM's documentation actually says, and it's a bit more nuanced than what I described above.  The exact wording is "Each layout that you create is assigned a layout theme. If the new layout is the same type (Computer, Touch Device, or Printer) as the current layout, the same theme is assigned to the new layout; if the new layout is a different type, the appropriate default theme is assigned. The default theme for Computer layouts is Enlightened, the default theme for Touch Device layouts is Enlightened Touch, and the default theme for Printer layouts is Enlightened Print."

hth,

Mark

4 of 4 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is there a way to set the solution Default Theme?
            sicoa

The answer is no. You cannot set the solution default theme.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Is there a way to set the solution Default Theme?
              mark_scott

Glad to have helped.

Mark

• 4. Re: Is there a way to set the solution Default Theme?
                gdurniak

Just saw this

This is insane

I had to delete the "Enlightened" Theme ( as suggested )

greg

> You cannot set the solution default theme