6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2014 5:27 AM by techt

My Development server has stopped working

Rick_Stringer

All of a sudden my development server has stopped working.

Yesterday morning I got these warnings:

Error - Admin Server process is not responding (This one showed up multiple times.)

Warning - Administrator "fmsadmin" no longer responding; connection closed. (127.0.0.1)

Warning - Unable to communicate with progressive backup process. Try using the 'fmsadmin restart fmsib' command to restart the process. (I did that that command, but it didn't change anything.)

I had not changed anything on that server recently.

It is a Mac mini running OS X 10.9.2 and running the Developer version of FM Server.

Fortunately, this is my development server, or I'd really be upset.

I can not access filea through FileMaker Pro or Web Direct. The really strange thing is that the Server Admin Console says that all of my files have a STATUS of NORMAL.

I tried resintalling the FM Server software, but that did not solve the problem.

I have another Mac mini that is running almost exactly the same configuration, except that one has a full version of FileMaker Server. It is running fine.

I'm about ready to erase that development server and start from scratch. Not my preference, but I will do what I have to do.

Thanks.

Rick