This Find issue started yesterday, after working successfully for more than a year as part of a script step. Now, this sort of Find does not work at all:
I have a calculation field that stores a number, its value is derived by subtracting from a Number field a combination of other Number fields and Calculation fields that produce numbers. The value of this field is correct (when you look at the output in Browse mode, the number is the correct number), but when I attempt to perform a Find, the results are not what I searched for. For example, ten of the records have a negative value for this field, but a Find of "< 0" returns no records. Or, a Find for "5" returns all the records where the first field referenced in the calculation equals 5, regardless of the value of the field I actually used in the Find. Again, this Find worked successfully for more than a year, but now does not, and no changes were made to the database in weeks. This is with FM Server 13 and both FM 12 and 13 clients. I tried removing the Calculation fields from the equation and simply wrote out the referenced equations, but once again, the output is correct, the Find is not.
Since this field is part of a vital script step, I have created a temporary fix by adding a Number field to the table and a script step that replaces the value of the Number field with the equation I need and using the Number field for the search. However, I'd prefer to be able to search the Calculation field for its output, and I do not understand why I cannot.
In working on this, I created a new calculation field, New_Field = (TABLE::Number_Field - SUM(table_TABLE2::Number_Field2)). Same issue, New_Field shows the correct value, but Finds are not retuning correct results. In fact, a search for New_Field = "0" returned all the records where Number_Field = "0", regardless of the value of New_Field.
I created a test DB with similar fields, tables, etc., and this type of search worked just fine, BUT once I uploaded this DB to FM Server 13, I ran into the same problems. I could reinstall FM Server tonight, but if anyone can tell me something else about this issue, that'd be great.