AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I create/print postcards that match data on both sides?

Question asked by fmkelly on Mar 13, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2017 by fmkelly

BACKGROUND, and then the PROBLEM: Our invoice file is in Filemaker. I typically access it in FMPro 7, but also have FM11, and FM12 on two other computers. Our invoices have all the purchase details, plus images of the products that were purchased. I want to create a generic postcard layout in my invoice database that will allow me to print the 4 postcards on pre-perfed 8.5 x 11 postcard stock. Addresses would be on the "A" side of the postcard, along with some photos from that invoice. On the "B" side, I would have more photos of what was purchased and a text box for copy. This would allow me to ...say...bring up a list of 20 invoices, switch to the postcard layout, and then run down the list and write a few words specific to each client relevant to their particular purchase in the text box. I would then print side "A" through the manual feed of my Xerox Phaser onto the pre-perfed postcard stock. Once side A was done, I would re-feed the postcard stock to print side B.

My Problem: I have no problem creating either side A, or side B in my layouts. My issues is trying to get the 4 postcards / side "A" to line up with the refeed when printing side "B". I've been using the label layout. It seems like it would be an easy tweek, but I've yet to hit it. I've tried the page set-up, and some other things. I just want to print 4 quadrants (postcards) of data on side A, we'll call them 1, 2, 3, 4. And then print corresponding data on side B so that 1, 2, 3, 4 match up on both sides before I mail those puppies out. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks...

Outcomes