1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 17, 2014 9:59 AM by wsvp

FMGo 12 & FMGo 13 - Memory problems?

mariorosati

Hello everyone,

I’ve developed iPad application on my pc, I’ve used FileMaker Pro Dev. 12.0v3. My application includes 37 tables, 85 forms, 83 scripts and about 255 global variables that I define by start-up script. Why 255 global variables? Because I use them as labels form to manage localize language version.

Yesterday I’ve uploaded application on my iPad: model 3 with iOS 7.1, 16 Gb and 5,3 Gb memory free. I have tried to run it with FMPro 12 before then with FMPro 13. I have got a lot of problems:

• Buttons that did not executed their script command associated
      • uncompleted rendering: forms with white area
      • Labels changed
      • and so on…

Before to think… to my suicide could you give me some suggestion?

• 1. Re: FMGo 12 & FMGo 13 - Memory problems?
          wsvp

While I cannot give a complete answer to your post, as I am not sure of your layout design, size of the forms... etc... One thing I can say with certainty (having both an iPad 3 and an iPad Air) the iPad 3 runs more complex solutions "extremely" poorly.  On the other hand the iPad Air is an absolute game changer, solutions which I thought were completely unusable on an iPad 3, ran beautifully on an iPad Air.  I use a lot of Conditional Formatting and Script Parameters that often evaluate a lot of information, the iPad 3 would take an enormous amount of time to process the Parameter.  This delay could lead one to believe the Script was not functioning.  On the iPad Air the delay is almost non-existent.