StephenWonfor

X-Post FMS 13, OSX 10.9 Connection issues...

Discussion created by StephenWonfor on Mar 17, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2015 by StephenWonfor

Hi

Client has switched to a new MacMini (Dual 256 GB SSDs, 8 GB RAM etc, OSX 10.9.1) to use as a Filemaker 13 Server. They had been FMS11 on a 10.7.5 iMac.

Works great.

But...

Users are reporting getting disconnected at times. 6 local users and 9 remote users at three different sites.

All are using OSX 10.8.5 or 10.9.2. All machines are set to not go to sleep and not to spin the hard disk down.

Server is set the same way.

All machines are using ethernet connections.

Max idle time is set on server to 780 minutes.

This is a new thing since we swapped servers.

So I am onsite now and logged into FMServer.

1. Safari was open to the Admin Console. Big Red Message: Internal Error. Take a note of any unsaved data. Quit Safari and reconnected to FMS. No more error message. Tried again and got the error message. Clicked on it and got this:

"Failed to load the widgetset: ./VAADIN/widgetsets/com.filemaker.admin.widgetset.AdminConsoleWidgetset/com.filemaker.admin.widgetset.AdminConsoleWidgetset.nocache.js?1395097348275"

2. The server log has a lot of these: Client "BruceToo [94.49.69.148]" no longer responding; connection closed. (10) The ONLY difference between this setup and prior is the new server. Was FMS11 on a 10.7.5 iMac, now FMS 13 on a 10.9.1 MacMini.

So, it "feels" as though the server is dropping connections. Just don't know why.

Tomorrow am I will bounce the server and update to 10.9.2. Java wants to update as well but I think I will ignore that for a while. Had more than enough "java junk" with FMS 11.

Stephen

"More good code has been written in languages denounced as bad than in languages proclaimed wonderful -- much more." -- Bjarne Stroustru

Outcomes