1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 4:38 PM by jrenfrew

Favorite off-the-shelf CRM? Why or why not?

l_allen_poole

The CRM requirements for a project I'm starting are mostly ordinary, so I'm thinking to start by purchasing an unlocked off-the-shelf CRM "kernel" and adding on to it.

Does anybody have happy experience doing this, and if so which CRM do you like and why? If you sell FileMaker CRM intended to be used this way, what are its virtues?

I haven't looked at many over the years, but each I've seen so far included some technical elements incompatible with my development, such as repeating fields where I need a table or an order-dependent script parameter syntax where I use an order-less hash. So if you've used a CRM template you like it'd also be helpful to know what you don't like about it! I'd consider recent re/development that takes advantage of FM's newer features like ExSQL and conditional hiding a plus.

Feel free to reply to my email address directly if you have a perspective to share that might not fly well in this public forum.

If you're interested to hear a summary of what I learn, let me know and I'll gladly share.

Thanks,

Allen