2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 6:09 PM by erolst

Sub-summary Totals

LadyBear

I am having troubles getting the right totals.

I am doing a sub-summary from a layout, but I only want totals for the subject costs in my found group, not the whole layout. Is there a way to do this?

I thought the problem might be with my sort, but this didn't appear to be it.

Many thanks for your assistance.

PS This question is still related to the sub-summary report question I put in weeks ago. I have worked out that if I find the group of found records for the clients I want to do reports for my sub-summary works except for the totals.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Sub-summary Totals
          LadyBear

It's OK.  I got it to work all by myself.  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  excited.  I dedicated a couple of days this week to sorting out my problem.  I did an additional sub-summary part that sorted by the Report period.  (Which is a new variable that I created recently).

• 2. Re: Sub-summary Totals
            erolst

LadyBear wrote:

It's OK.  I got it to work all by myself.  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  excited.  I dedicated a couple of days this week to sorting out my problem.  I did an additional sub-summary part that sorted by the Report period.  (Which is a new variable that I created recently).

Actually, all you need is a Grand Summary part, which summarizes results across the found set; no additional sorting necessary.