Not sure if this is properly a server issue or not, but we often transfer databases back at forth between a local copy and a served copy.
Locally, we just set container fields in a new file, moving everything from SuperContainer to FM's native external storage. Now when we moved everything to the server and put the container files in place manually (in RC_Data_FMS), they aren't recognized by FileMaker. (Also, all the file names are in red. This is a Windows server.) I've attached a screenshot of the folder structure.
We need a quick solution now, and also know what we should be doing when we want to update files by exporting data from the old file into the new one...without losing our container data.