1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2014 5:33 PM by cortical

email address collection

trm1945

Assume a list of club members and a need to send out both individual and group emails. How would you write a script to gather all the available emails, comma separate them and have them available for the Mail program?

Sounds like a Set Field command where a member's email is added to a list of member's emails ..... brain fart.

Sending individual emails has been written and works correctly. Member deletion would also erase the email address from the list, including the separating comma. Maybe that could be done by recollecting all the available addresses each time a group send was called. This is a Mac, FM12a.

• 1. Re: email address collection
          cortical

group email - I use send mail options: enable collect addresses across found set, and bcc. So they are collected for the found set; no issues with member deletion.

the alternate is to loop the found set and collect to variable ; e.g. when his and hers emails exist... or multiple parents etc.

For sending individual emails, I create PDF attachments (e.g. invoices) if these need individual member inclusions, saved into container field; via  a loop script.

A loop and send could be used to send individual emails with individual customised attachments, but user input required; on my short list of things to find a better method for.