5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 3:59 PM by mark_b

Opening a URL from Within a Popover

eqitec

I've tried this and haven't succeeded. Is this supported in FM13? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Opening a URL from Within a Popover
          beverly

e, please include the script(s) or other necessary information about what you have *done*, so that we may assist you better. How is the "URL" formatted in the popover? what "click" script(steps) are called? etc. Thanks!

• 2. Re: Opening a URL from Within a Popover
            eqitec

Beverly:

My apology. I confused the issue. The URL works correctly from within the popover. But I need to make images of the popover for distribution, and it's from the image of the popover that the URL doesn't work.

Which, of course, is not Filemaker's problem.

I'm using CaptureWizPro to make the images.

Do you know of any other tool that could help me reach my objective? My suspicion is that I'm asking for too much.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

• 3. Re: Opening a URL from Within a Popover
              mark_b

Pardon me for jumping in.  If I understand your situation, you are using a screen capture program to grab your Filemaker screen that is showing your PopOver URL link.  You are then wanting the link on the captured file to function.  If that is correct, the problem is that screen capture programs grab pixels from the screen and not functionality. I assume that you are saving the screen captures as jpg or png files.  The only way I know of to make the link work is to use a web development tool (I use FireWorks), take your graphic image and create "hot spots" over the URL portion of the image, then save it as an HTML file so when the user clicks on the image of the URL, it goes to that URL.  If there is another easier way, I'd be happy to hear about it.  Here's a snapshot of what I was talking about (not functional because it's not in HTML).  Cheers, Mark

2014-04-01_13-57-01.png

• 4. Re: Opening a URL from Within a Popover
                eqitec

Mark:

Thanks for jumping in. Seems like Fireworks is what I need if there isn't any freeware or cheapware available to do the same thing. I'll look into it further.

Dave

• 5. Re: Opening a URL from Within a Popover
                  mark_b

Hi Dave,

I'm not endorsing this because I haven't tried it, but Google came up with this free app.  Fireworks "ain't cheap".

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/create-image-map-gimp/

Cheers, Mark