12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2014 6:45 AM by tpuckett

App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open

tpuckett

When using an App Maker 1.0.4 generated iOS7 icon to open a FMGO database I sometimes get the error:

Error: <dbname>.fmp12 is currently in use and could not be opened. If the file is shared, you can open the file on the network. (If you've opened the file before, check the Recent Files list.)

If I tap OK at the bottom of the error message popup, I get through to my application on the correct layout, but the startup script hasn't left the cursor in my search field.

The first thing my startup script does is turn on error capture, but this message apparently happenes before the startup script runs.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Tom

• 1. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
          Datagrace

Odd-- I just had a report yesterday of a similar error message, but the wording was slightly different. While I am not getting that error when using the Apple Configurator to create the profile, I have not yet been able to re-create the problem environment exactly, due to time and geographical distance.

I am puzzled by the slight differences in our warnings. I am unsure of what iOS 7 build my clients are using, and that may be an issue.

Is it possible for you to remove the profile and replace it with one created with Apple Configurator (version 1.5) as a test? And can you post the text of the web clip (General/Profile/Your_Profile/More Details)? It should be something like 'URL: javascript:window:location='FMP://%7E/Filename.fmp12' along with any additional params you may have attached. And what iOS version and rev?

The Apple Configurator is free in the App Store.

AppMaker.jpg

John Weinshel

• 2. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
            tpuckett

Since the startup script has set error capture on, after the file is open and hybernating, the icon seems to work OK without throwing an error, on subsequent opens.  I did have a script attached, but that seemed to make the icon stop opening the db.

Since I'm testing a lot and see that message once and again during the day, its hard to know the condition of the db before using it, but one instance is when I download a new version of the db from dropbox, open it in GO, then home button back to the folder and use the icon.  That may or my not generate the error I was seeing.

The FMGO profile I have installed's Web Clip URL is: javascript:window.location='FM...  but doesn't / can't display any more of the URL.  The iOS version is 7.1 (11D167) on Model ME345LL/A.

Thanks, Tom

• 3. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
              Datagrace

Is this an iPad or phone? If iPad, does it have an air card, or are you only using wi-fi? If only using wi-fi, are you certain you have a connection on those occasions when the error occurs? I am asking these questions because IOS has a known issue with re-establishing connections under certain conditions. If those conditions are met, the workaround is to leave Go and come back. Going Home and using the profile button, which calls Safari, which opens the file, can act as the workaround. This may all be a red herring-- you may be experienceing an entirely different problem.

I'm guessing your error capture is not being run because the unavailable database is part of the current file's schema, which could be invoked before any scripts are run.

I'm testing on the same iOS build. It might be helpful if you can work your way back to the App Maker to see the full string in the web clip.

• 4. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                tpuckett

Hi, John, I'm using an iPhone only, right now, and do have a wi-fi connection established.  However, the db is local - downloaded from dropbox, and is stand alone.  We plan to use SeedCode's GOZync to do any updates, later on.

We are also not requiring a log in to the db via the Guest account, so apparently when I get out of the app and go, it just hybernates until I return.  Sometimes if I return via the icon, which is how most will use this, I might get the error or not.

When I dismiss the error I'm on the layout I want, so I'm trying to figure out how to suppress the error.

How can I see the full string of the web clip?

Thanks, Tom

• 5. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                  Datagrace

In App Maker, go to the Selected File layout and copy the contents of the File_subprofile field into TextEdit, so that you can read it. The second to last line of the XML should contain that string.

• 6. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                    tpuckett

I'm seeing'FMP://%7E/Contacts.fmp12' rather than the name of my database.

How do you set this string correctly?  It doesn't look like the file_subprofile can be edited, and I don't want to play around with the fields?

Thanks, Tom

• 7. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                      tpuckett

Also, I'm using Deatabase Location On Device and my db name has a space - bad form to use the space?

Thanks, Tom

• 8. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                        Datagrace

You may be looking at the example file. If that's not the case, then you should be able to simply replace, but I'd be surprised if you were looking at the right record.

Yes, bad form to have a space in the name, as the profile is asking Mobile Safari to open the file, and URL's use placeholders for spaces. I don't know if it's smart enough to handle the space.

• 9. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                          tpuckett

OK, I'm going to fix the file name, with no spaces.

I may have copied the icon from the example and gotten its location at the same time.

I'll report back when I do some fixing.

Thanks, Tom

• 10. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                            tpuckett

I made sure I was on the correct record and the file_subprofile has the correct db name to open.

Even with a fresh profile, new icon, db name, I get the error message.

Is the anyway to examine the generated, emailed profile, to see what's actually in that file?

Thanks, Tom

• 11. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                              tpuckett

In looking around in the db on GO, I have a logoff script.  Once I execute that script the icon works fine.

• 12. Re: App Maker 1.0.4 Icon Gives In Use Error On Open
                                tpuckett

We got around this by creating a "user" with password to log in.

Thanks, Tom