I have this bookmarked:
Almost every time I've encountered 1506 has had to do with the format of the email address fed into the To: field.
However I'm stumped as to why this became a new issue after cloning a machine.
Have you tried backing up the script and inserting a new send email script step?
As I said it works from my Mac or the server FMPA and the emails get delivered.
I created a new script to send test mail from the server and that performed fine sending the email.
Debugged the original script on FMPA and got no errors.
So were you able to rebuild the script step for sending email in your larger script and get that to work? I had only suggested that since I figured some sort of back alley setting in the send email script got messed up with the clone.
If you’re able to build a test send mail script and get it to work as a scheduled script, then chances are you can rebuild that script step to correct the bad script step currently in production.
Of course, backup warnings and all that jazz, which I’m sure you’ve already done!
As I said the original script performs just fine from FM, even when debugging I get no errors. It only doesn’t work as a scheduled script from the server.
I made a brand new email test script and that works from FMPA, as well as server.
I’m not doubting that it works in FMP when you’re running it, I get that.
The server executes scripts differently than desktop, so it’s not really helpful to say it works for the desktop but not the server. What is more helpful was you stating that you created a new email script as a test and it worked on the server.
If you have a send mail script step that does work on the server as a test, that you just built today, then it would stand to reason if you replaced the send mail script step in your broken script with a new script step, it COULD fix your problem. I’m not saying to rebuild your entire script, just the single broken script step that is failing.
Just my 2 cents to try and be helpful!
Thank you, I appreciate it.
So, same SMTP settings, just my own email address as a recipient, and I got all the alerts. So I think the script is not gathering their email addresses.
I'm on the right track.
I have seen this but not rcently
I think wehn specifiying the SMPT server there is (maybe, not sure) some sort of indrection in theway the script is saved which makes it non portable.
I learned that the cclist gets a question mark for some extra recipients, which apparently FMPA didn't have an issue with but the server does.
Thanks for your help.
That seems to make sense. I seem to have encountered the same thing a few years ago with FMSv11, once I got it working I didn't continue debugging so I can't be 100% sure that fixed it. I also think I encountered the same thing with printing once.