AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cross Post window refresh/display issue

Question asked by StanMillar on Apr 9, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2014 by StanMillar

Hi all

I posted this to FM Experts yesterday but haven't yet received a reply.

I have just come across an issue since the recent update to FMP13.0.2.22. Mac OSX 10.9.2. Using FM advanced.

I have a menuing system that operates as follows:

Click on a menu item in a portal which runs a script:

Go to a developer layout attached to the Menu TO

determine if the menu item clicked has sub-menu items

If it has, change the arrow displayed beside the menu item clicked (gives the same effect as clicking on a folder in the Finder)

load up the sub menu IDs into fields so that they display in the menu portal on the original (home) layout and some other housekeeping

return to the home layout where the arrow has changed to the new graphic (pointing down) and the top level menus and the sub menus from the one clicked are displayed. Well - no.

All this has worked perfectly for years.

Since the upgrade, the script runs, the arrows change BUT the sub menus refuse to display. On the developer layout, I can see that things have changed to add the sub menu IDs into the correct fields for display.

If I manually navigate to the developer layout from the home layout and then immediately return to the home layout - there they are - displayed in all their glory!

I have tried:

add refresh window after returning to the home layout. No change.

add commit record both before and after returning to the home layout. No change.

add steps to navigate to the home layout, back to the developer layout and back to the home layout . No change.

If I open the file in FM12 Advanced, everything works.

Seems like something has changed since the update. I hate to say the "b"(ug) word but nothing else has changed.

Any suggestions? Anyone else having a similar problem?

Stan

Outcomes