1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 1:41 AM by steve_ssh

Embedding problem of HTML code in IE web viewer of FM 13 Pro.

darshith0000

Hi,

I am working with some HTML codes in the FM Pro 13 for printing purposes via Web Direct. Its working fine for Chrome & Firefox. But the embedding is NOT being displayed in the IE web viewer.

I am unable to find the reason why? I am adding some portion of my code below. Any suggestions will be helpful.

"data:text/html," &

"<html>

<head><meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

<style type="text/css">

<!--

span.cls_002{font-family:Times,serif;font-size:32.1px;color:rgb(0,88,163);font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;text-decoration: none}

div.cls_002{font-family:Times,serif;font-size:32.1px;color:rgb(0,88,163);font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;text-decoration: none}

-->

</style>

<script language="javascript">

var print_forms = "yes";

</script>

</head>

<body>

<!--FORM 1-->

<div>Hello World</div>

</body>

</html>

"

• 1. Re: Embedding problem of HTML code in IE web viewer of FM 13 Pro.
          steve_ssh

Hello Darshith,

If I had to guess, I would say that you are probably running into a security restriction implemented by IE.

You might take a look at the following page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc848897(v=VS.85).aspx

In particular, the statement on that page that seems most relevant is:

"For security reasons, data URIs are restricted to downloaded resources. Data URIs cannot be used for navigation, for scripting, or to populate frame or iframe elements."

My assumption here is that WebViewers in WebDirect are implemented using an iframe element.  I do not know this as a fact, but it should be easy enough to confirm/refute this by examining the DOM or page source of your WebDirect page.

Very best regards,

-steve