1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2014 12:42 AM by filemaker_mmfg

Strange back-up behaviour

IanWilson

I'm running FileMaker Server 13 on a Mac Mini under Mavericks in a test environment. I have set an additional database folder and an additional container data folder on an external raid. I have also checked "Back up container data folder 1". I have a daily backup schedule which runs at 11pm every night and I keep seven days' worth of backups.

My container data is set to open storage and so far everything has worked just fine with no problems whatsoever. However, this morning I noticed something strange.

I went to the /Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Backups/ folder and looked into the most recent back up folder. My external database folder was backed up correctly and it contained an RC_Data_FMS folder with all the container contents backed up correctly. So far so good, but the scheduled back up folder also contained a copy of my additional container data folder, and although the full structure of the RC_Data_FMS folder was replicated, there were no actual container contents present.

Is there are a reason for this? I've been trying to think why FileMaker would make this redundant back-up, but it's got me stumped. I must be missing something obvious, but I just can't it figure out!

Cheers

Ian