LSNOVER

Problems inserting PDFs in Container field

Discussion created by LSNOVER on Apr 15, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 by LSNOVER

Hi Folks:

I'm bringing in a LARGE number of PDFs into a Filemaker database using interactive container fields.

I have approximately 400K documents.

I have a script that works. The problem is I get through maybe 2K records and Filemaker just goes off to never never land. I get the hour glass, and it looks like it might still be working, but it isn't. I then have to kill the process and start it up again. This results in the file being checked for consistency, and then I repeat the process. Not ideal.

I've tried making the window very small to minimize redraw issues and the like. It's a very simple table, just some descriptors, the file name and the container.

I'm running on Windows 7 with Filemaker Pro 13 v2. I have 512MB set for the cache.

Anyone else have any suggestions on how to make this process more reliable? I'm guessing there's some kind of memory leak, and after X number of inserts, it's just walking off the deep end.

I'm running this all single user FYI, I tried it with the DB on the Server and it was even worse. I'm commiting after each insert. and I'm refreshing every 1000 records.

Thanks,

Lee

Outcomes