4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 9:23 AM by DavidMoore

Once again, hat in hand - server 13 and client 13 on same machine

DavidMoore

Is it possible to run both client (13) and server (13) on the same machine?

Have used the setup sucessfuly over the years prior to Version 13.

The client would rarely be accessed, but was a handy "troubleshooter" for working with files when FMS admin (the ol' JAVA implementation) had all the databases closed.

In Client Version 13, Extensions are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro Advanced/13.0

On a machine with a prior installation of FileMaker Server 13, onto which I have installed FileMaker Client 13, this folder does not exist. All I see is: ~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Server (which has in it, FMS 13 Uninstaller, and launcher).

Were I to need to "troubleshoot" an issue on a database, I would not be able to do so, since the "solution" does still require an "Extension" or two to run. I got rid of most reliances on "plugins," (and, frankly, would be overjoyed to have none at all), but this is the reality under which I work..."it is, what it is."

So, again, hat in hand, I rely on the kindness of strangers. Any thoughts?

Thank you again, as always - DM