2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 7:04 PM by disabled_lilo

Making Purchase Orders - how to commit TO inventory not from inventory?

If I can't get something to work for Purchase Orders when the trial ends I may just give up on FileMaker...

These are the two starter solutions I've been trying to turn into a purchase order ...

1. Sales Starter Solution - this one has been messy

2. Invoice Starter Solution - problem is I cannot seem to get the script to reverse the "commit from inventory" to basically "commit TO inventory" - then from there basically I can figure out how to do the rest. I guess I'm screwing up steps somewhere and it's getting really frustrating. Anyone out there help to reverse so that when I enter in the info it commits TO inventory rather than the template FROM inventory?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Making Purchase Orders - how to commit TO inventory not from inventory?
          erolst

Please try to make it easy for people to help you, by providing detailed information: which script exactly in which file?

• 2. Re: Making Purchase Orders - how to commit TO inventory not from inventory?

So I started using - what I think must have been FileMaker Pro 12 on the PC at our business... now I'm home and it appears my Mac has FileMaker Pro 13!  So Starter Solutions look quite different.

I'm trying to have a purchase order database connected - obviously - to an inventory database. I had been working on FileMaker Pro 12 on the PC and had started to edit the "Invoices" template which has a button for "Commit from inventory" -i.e. when the invoice is created it takes the item out of inventory to be invoiced.  The script is a commit/uncommit script (which of course I cannot find in the starter solution for FM13! I am struggling to figure out how to make it so that when I "invoice"I'm actually adding to the inventory not taking out.

I don't even know if I'm making sense now. Are there recommendations for good "script learning" that someone could post a link to?  Like good tutorials for those who have limited script writing knowledgE?

I love software that allows you to record scripts as you go and so it removes the tedious typing in and reduces the debugging.  I'm just not familiar with the FM scripting.