14 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2014 10:11 AM by jmundok

List View not showing all records in FMGo

jmundok

I'm experiencing something strange on a very basic list view in FileMaker Go 13.0.4. The found set for the list view is 169 records. When I navigate to it keeping the iPad orientation on Landscape and scroll to the bottom of the list, I can't scroll past record 165. I can see the very top of the record but can't scroll to those remaining 4 questions.

2014-04-24_11-03-51.png

If I turn the iPad to Portrait orientation, then scroll down, I see the four records, but the last one will only scroll as far down to display the top half of the row.

2014-04-24_11-04-23.png

Finally, if I filter the category down to 10 records, I see them as expected.

2014-04-24_11-04-56.png

Anyone seen something similar? This is a very basic list view, nothing fancy going on in the background.

Thanks!

Jason

• 1. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
          Stephen Huston

Do you have a script trigger on this layout which locks the zoom level at 100%, and is the layout designed to fit an iPad?

If the window gets zoomed manually or the layout is not optimized for iPad, some problems of this sort might occur, but — No — I haven't experienced this myself, but I also haven't tested much in GO 13.0.4 yet.

• 2. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
            rgordon

Jason, did this misbehavior start with 13.0.4 or did it exist prior to 13.0.4?  I find that powering down the iPad and restarting it solves a majority of the quirky problems the fmgo.

• 3. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
              jmundok

Thanks for the response. There is nothing locking the zoom, in fact, if I pinch zoom in landscape orientation, I can suddenly see the records (but the last one is still cut off). I did try to lock the zoom and it had no effect.

• 4. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                jmundok

It was a problem in 13.0.3. It was reported by a user in the field and I confirmed. Then I updated to 13.0.4 and it had no effect.

Restarted the iPad and brought copied over a new "version" of the file (this is a MirrorSync implementation). No effect.

• 5. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                  rgordon

Is there a footer on your list layout?  If not, try adding a small footer to the layout to see if this solves the problem. If there is a footer, try adjusting the size of the footer.

• 6. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                    jmundok

There is a footer. I removed it in one case and expanded it in another. Same results.

I also changed the theme which didn't help.

It should also be noted that when the list view gets loaded up with a different set of records ~75 or ~50, I don't have this problem. Only with the big set of 169.

• 7. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                      rgordon

I'm shooting in the dark but here are a few things to try;

1. run a script to go to the last record in the list

2. If you omit a group of records from the top of the list, can you then scroll down to the bottom

3. What happens if you create a new record in list view

4. Which to find mode and then back to browse mode

5. run a refresh script step

6. run a looping script step to take you to the bottom of the list

In practice you shouldn't have to do any of these things to make this works but something is stopping the records from appearing.

• 8. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                        Stephen Huston

If you are able to see more records when you "pinch zoom" as you indicated, that suggests the layout in question is not set to the native display size of the iPad.

See if you have this problem with a new layout designed to the iPad's specific size and then try setting the zoom at 100% on that layout as part of a layout-enter script trigger.

• 9. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                          jmundok

I did a couple tests based on your suggestions.

Interestingly, omitting a few records has no effect, but 14 seems to be the magic number. If I go to the list view and omit 14 records, then scroll to the bottom, all records appear. If I only omit 13 or 12 records, then I can scroll a little further, but still not see all of the set.

Also, if I enter a field on the first record then hit a button that goes to the last record, it goes to the last record and shows all records as expected. Ironically, scripting this as part of the process requires that I stop on the last record and enter a field for it to display the records as expected. If I try to go there and then return to the top, manually scrolling has no effect.

My next step will be to try to replicate this in a different file.

• 10. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                            jmundok

I've been able to determine that the apparent cause of the behavior is the Sort on the layout. It contains a very simple sub-summary part with a single merge field and a couple labels. It's not a "corrupt" summary part, as I've already deleted the original rebuilt the summary part. If I unsort the records, all display correctly. When I re-sort based on the summary part break field I'm back to the issue.

The break point seems to be around 150 questions. More than that has issues, less than that shows all records correctly regardless of the sort. I'll keep plugging away at it.

Jason

• 11. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                              jmundok

Hi Stephen,

Yep, already created a fresh layout from scratch using FM13 and the new layout designer and get the same results.

And the pinch zoom seems to display a little more of the records, but still not all of them. There's not issue seeing the records width-wise, the issue is not seeing all of the records, and the last one you can see being cut off.

Thanks!

Jason

• 12. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                                Stephen Huston

My thought was that if one has to pinch to reduce-zoom the layout to fit the screen size, then the layout is not fully optimized for that device.

I wondered if a new layout designed for the device's exact screen size might resolve this issue.

• 13. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                                  rgordon

When creating a layout for fmgo, I never allow pinch to zoom to work by locking the zoom. If you allow pinch to zoom, it can accidentally be used by the user and it can creating a disorienting floating effect for the layout.  Going along with what Stephen is talking about, if you lock the zoom does it solve the problem?

• 14. Re: List View not showing all records in FMGo
                                    jmundok

No, it has no effect. The first thing I did was kill the zoom.

To clarify, pinch zooming doesn't solve the problem, it just shows a couple more records (still not all of them). There's no issue seeing the whole layout width-wise. The issue is that not all records are being displayed.

I found out yesterday that this is a known FileMaker bug and others have reported it, so now it's in the good hands of the FMI developer team.