Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 188.8.131.52 beta for FileMaker Pro 13
Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 13 adds support for 64-bit architecture on FileMaker Server 13 and WebDirect
April 25th, 2014, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 184.108.40.206 beta for FileMaker Pro 13.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- manage your images and movies, and read IPTC and Exif metadata from JPEG, Raw and PNG images
What is new in version 220.127.116.11 beta?
Troi File Plug-in 18.104.22.168 beta is the First Public Beta Version of the upcoming version 7.5 and has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 13, including 13.0v3.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture. For this we rewrote most parts of the plug-in. On Windows there are now 2 plug-ins: Troi_Activator.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Activator.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
NOTE Only Filemaker Server 13 and FileMaker WebDirect are 64-bit processes and require the Troi_File_Plugin.fmx64 version to be installed. On OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in.
- (Mac OS X 10.7 and later) Added new implementation for TrFile_Metadata("-GetMovieDescription", ... ) and TrFile_Metadata("-GetImageDescription", ... ) when running in 64-bit mode.
- Improved the TrFile_MetaData function when using it with the switch "-GetMovieDescription": this function now also returns the data rate (in bits/s) of movies, the value of frames per second (fps) is now based on the video track and is more accurate and this function now also returns the audio codec (like AAC) of movies.
Troi File Plug-in 22.214.171.124 beta also has the following improvements and fixes:
- Added new implementation for the TrFile_CreateThumbnail function, so that it is no longer dependent on QuickTime.
- (Mac OS X) The TrFile_DeleteFolder function now handles removal of the hidden file ".DS_Store".
- Improved the functions TrFile_ListFolder and TrFile_GetTypeOfItem, the error codes are now more cross-platform.
- Improved the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 (in the FileMaker Pro 12 formatted download only), to be able to install plug-ins for 64-bit and running under WebDirect.
- Fixed a small problem with de Mail Drop example in the DragAndDrop file that would not include the last character of the email body into the field. Also added support for decoding quoted-printable formatted emails, and improving handling for the Mail folder structure of Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8.
- Improved several other example files.
- Made most functions of the plug-in available for auto-enter calculations (they now appear also in the list of available external functions).
- Created a new test file FileManipulationTest.fmp12, which can be used to test the file manipulation functionality of the plug-in when running on FileMaker Server 13. This is a separate download, to be made available later.
More detailed information on all of the changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 126.96.36.199 beta can be found at: <http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html>.
This release of Troi File Plug-in is a beta version and expires May 30th, 2014. We expect to release a new version before this.
IMPORTANT Before testing make a backup: save your databases, previous plug-ins and other work first. Always test this software using a test database. Use at your own risk. BETA means that some features may not be completely tested or may have some bugs in it. Any comments/bugs please send them to: email@example.com
The plug-in adds 64 functions to FileMaker Pro, giving you limitless possibilities in managing your system outside of the database. We invite you to test drive the new functions and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 188.8.131.52 beta is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: <http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html>.
Troi File Plug-in 184.108.40.206 beta works with FileMaker Pro 11, 12 and 13. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 11, 12 or 13. The plug-in is available for Mac OS X 10.6.x or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (preview).
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. When you purchase a license today you'll receive a registration for v7.5. This registration will also work with the 7.0 version, so you can use this for production work, and to register the 220.127.116.11 beta version.
Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi File Plug-in 18.104.22.168 beta also works with FileMaker Server 11, 12 or 13 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 449.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after January 1st, 2014 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 7.5. Eligible users will be sent a new registration string as soon as the final version 7.5 is released.
Upgrades from licenses bought before January 1st, 2014, are available from US$ 59 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at: