2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2014 4:31 PM by rasman

Field with sliding volume-type layout

rasman

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to create a field with a value range of 100-200 (that's easy part) and I want to use a sliding volume-control type method for the user so they can click on the slider knob or button and drag the slider either left or right to pick the value. I'd like for the user to still be able to enter the value manually as well. FMPro 13's slider doesn't do what I need, so I'm looking for a slider type button or such. Any suggestions or plugin ideas are appreciated.

Bests,

~Rich

• 1. Re: Field with sliding volume-type layout
          taylorsharpe

That is not natively supported in FileMaker.  Yes, it would be nice and maybe a feature for the future.  The workaround is to do it in a webview if you know how to do the HTML and Javascript. 

PS:  I did do a bar that had a hundred buttons on it and wherever you clicked, the script parameter was 0 to 100 and ran a script bsaed on where you clicked on the bar.  But it wasn't a slider bar. 

• 2. Re: Field with sliding volume-type layout
            rasman

Thanks.   I started with FMPro from the early days and I'm amazed no one has come up with a way to do this yet via a plugin or something after all these years.    There has to be a way without going to webview, though that might be where I end up.   Argghhhh.    Thanks again.

Bests,

~Rich

PRIVATE: This is Not A Public Communication! This private email message, and any attachment(s) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.    2510-2521, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient and contains privileged and/or confidential information.