2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2014 4:52 AM by mikebeargie

Odd 32/64 bit SQL ODBC behavior

mikebeargie

I have a VM Win 2008 R2 64-bit OS server that is running FMSA 12.0.4.405

We are conduiting data back and forth between a MS SQL Server 2008 R2 machine, using the proper drivers as listed:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6420/~/which-odbc-data-sources%2Fdrivers-are-supported-with-external-sql-data-sources%3F

We have always used the 32 bit drivers with no issue, even as a scheduled FMS execution of the script.

We recently switched to a different master table on the remote machine to go from the test SQL environment to the production SQL environment, this is when we noticed a new issue.

What seems to happen is that the data in the 32-bit driver/DSN is out of date. These ESS views in Filemaker do not show any updates since we switched the tables. We setup a 64 bit versions of the DSN, and that does have the updated data.

When the file is NOT hosted, opened local on the machine, it can see the 64-bit driver/DSN in File > Manage > External Data Sources andthe data is fine. As soon as the file is re-hosted, the 64 bit driver is invalid and can not be accessed/configured in the dialog.

So far my troubleshooting has included removing and re-adding the DSNs in different configs (32 bit only, 64 bit only, combined, etc..), on both the local and hosted version to see if I can get a working config, but I can never get the updated ODBC data to show in the hosted file. I also tried naming the DSNs the same, and removing the 32 bit one to "fool" the hosted file, but it did not work.

Even more bizarre, ODBC import from within filemaker (via a test script I set up), can see BOTH 32/64 DSNs simultaneously, although the 32 bit one upon testing is still out of date. File > Manage > External data sources on the hosted file only ever shows the 32 bit DSN though.

Before I take chances with uninstalling either the 32 or 64 bit driver, has anyone run into this type of data inconsistency before, or offer additional troubleshooting steps?